The California Neuromodulation Institute seeks outstanding psychiatric nurse practitioners to join an innovative, growing private practice in the San Francisco East Bay region. We are primarily dedicated to patients with depression and anxiety conditions. Our program combines conventional clinical pharmacology with ketamine and transcranial magnetic stimulation (and many of our patients are in concurrent psychotherapy elsewhere). This is a low-impact clinical environment with excellent outcomes for our patients, and a strong emphasis on high-quality care, solid relationships with our partners in the community, career-long learning, and innovation. The position also has much flexibility in schedule and location, with telehealth service available, and office locations in easily-accessible and highly-desirable locations in Lafayette and San Ramon. This is a unique opportunity to gain clinical experience, training and mentoring with the director (Dr. Michael Minzenberg), who has taught this work to generations of trainees at several leading medical schools. You may also help drive the future growth and direction of the program.
- Schedule: 4-6 hours per week to start (more later if desired)
- Pay rate (2-tiered): $130 per hour for insurance-billable activity; $80 per hour for all other
(average $117.50 per hour if insurance-billable activity is 75% of total activity)
- Retention bonus available (one-year)
- No weeknight or weekend/holiday call
Who We Serve:
- Adult outpatients with private healthcare insurance, residing in Alameda and Contra Costa counties, and adjacent locales
- Persons diagnosed with (or likely to have) a DSM diagnosis of depression or anxiety syndrome (not including psychotic disorders, primary substance use disorders, autism spectrum or attention-deficit disorders, dementias, and some other conditions)
- Referred primarily from mental health & primary care providers, local hospitals, self-referred via insurance panels and online search
Licensed PMHNP only.
Active license to practice, and DEA license required.
Job Type: Part-time
- Malpractice Insurance Covered
- Continuing Medical Education – Partial Coverage
- 4-6 hours weekly (to start), schedule to be determined by candidate
- Monday to Friday
- PMHNP License (Required)
- DEA (Required)
- Telehealth (home or office); Lafayette office, and/or San Ramon office (to be arranged with Director)